Our Easter celebration really began a week ago. Our church challenged us to fast for 3 days. During those 3 days we met each night for worship and prayer – “Sacred Gathering”. That was an amazing experience. God revealed so many things to me—particularly many of my selfish ways. It was a great reminder of allowing the Spirit to lead you. And what perfect timing to refocus as we prepare for the greatest holiday in a Christian’s life – Easter.
Let me take this time to put in a plug for our church. We L-O-V-E our church!! If you do not have a church home I would love to invite you to ours. You can truly come as you are. The truth is spoken. Love abounds. The Spirit is followed in a way I’ve never seen before in a church. And as our Pastor said at Sacred Gathering – he cares too much about us to not challenge us. It is located in Smyrna. Here is their website www.lifepointchurch.org
Back to Easter… Yesterday we attended an Easter Egg Hunt hosted by a family in our small group. They held this egg hunt for some friends and their neighborhood. Before the excited children took off across the yard gathering eggs they took a moment to explain the true meaning of Easter: the gospel of Jesus. This absolutely blessed my heart! As he said…Easter is not about spring time, even though it is spring. Easter is not about the Easter bunny, even though it is a fun tradition. It is about Jesus Christ rising from the dead! If you are reading this and do not agree with this truth, have never experienced this truth, or have more questions about where this comes from I’d be honored to talk with you. Back to the egg hunt… (I seem to be chasing lots of rabbits here… no pun intended ;) I also noticed at the refreshment table there were invitation cards for our Easter services at church. What a perfect picture of our task as a Christian here on Earth. As we learned during the 3-day fast (Sacred Gathering) our calling is to share the gospel in our everyday walks of life. Here this family had planned a super-fun event. And they could have ended it there. Everyone still would have had a great time. But no, they made an effort to share the real meaning of Easter. And provided an opportunity for the guests to ask questions about the invitation cards and even watch the promo video on their phones (www.lifepointchurch.org/easter-smy). This also meant people were invited that didn’t know the gospel. Not just their “good Christian friends”. This example that was set in their yard made me want to do the same in our neighborhood. Something I am commanded to do. Something God has been convicting me of. (Someone catch that rabbit…)
So last night we attended one of the worship services at our church. It was a beautiful explanation of not just the historical facts that surround the Resurrection (which are important) but the spiritual events that make up the Resurrection. The Resurrection of Christ is not just something we look back on and believe in. It’s something we experience and participate in. The hope we have in the Resurrection is that Christ makes all things new!! I could go on for 3 more blogs of the message shared. But I would butcher it. So I encourage you to go to their website and watch the service. (http://lifepointchurch.org/media#!/swx/pp/media_archives/115761/channel/1852/series/4748)
Now for the reason you clicked on this link… pics of our Easter traditions with our kids.
Pics of Micah’s First Easter Egg Hunt and Ella’s first Easter Egg Hunt where she understood what was happening.
 |
| Ella had a blast running around. |
 |
| Then she came and filled up Micah's bucket |
 |
| And he proceeded to teethe on them. |
They have beautiful landscaping so we had an impromptu photo op.
We dyed eggs with Ella. This is the 2nd time in my life I’ve ever dyed eggs. Many things were learned this go round. Like the orange dye pill does not mean it produces the color orange…
 |
| Yes, we dye eggs in our skivvies |
Leading up to Easter we did the “Resurrection Eggs” with the kids. I highly recommend it. It comes with a devotional book to read each day and an object in each egg that symbolized the events that led up to Christ’s Resurrection. I got it last year at an after Easter sale at Hobby Lobby for like $4. But I’d pay full price for it. http://www.amazon.com/Resurrection-Eggs-Familylife/dp/1572297220
And Easter morning we had an Egg hunt throughout our house that led to some gifts.
 |
| My little bunnies |
 |
| Huntin the eggs |
 |
| Side tracked by the bunny |
 |
| Even the potato head was hiding eggs |
 |
| Getting eggs while scaling the stairs |
 |
| And the path lead to the jackpot |
 |
| I love his reaction |
 |
| I think Ella has figured it out |
 |
| And of course what Micah does to everything - climb. (p.s. his feet are off the ground) |
With such a beautiful day we headed outside after morning naps.
 |
| Testing out the new water table |
 |
| Sweet boy |
 |
| Big sis came to blow some bubbles for us |
 |
| And of course we must climb up the slide. Or atleast attempt it. |
|
|
Well my house is extremely quiet now as both babies are fast asleep after lots of hard playing in the sun. May you have a great Resurrection Day celebration as He makes all things (and people) new. Happy Easter from my family to yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment