Ryan and I decided to give up various forms of internet social networking for lent. This was very difficult for me. I love getting on facebook and seeing what is going on with everyone. Especially with most of my family spread out all over Tennessee. However during this fast I began to notice a difference in my attitude. Prior to lent, facebook was a HUGE channel of gossip and judgment for me. I was very prone to start many conversations with "did you see what happened on facebook?" During the fast I wasn't distracted by the drama on there. It was wonderful not being in the know about everything. It was much easier to "take every thought captive". Does that mean I didn't miss it? Of course not! However, it was a GREAT eye-opener to the need for a heart make-over. With that being said, there are lots to catch up on...
Still no update on the house search. We still have an offer on the same house since Jan 25th (10 weeks ago yesterday). Multiple BPO's have been ordered, offers have been countered, negotiators have come and gone. The Lord is teaching us to "be still". The $8,000 tax credit runs out April 30th (24 days away). As we have learned with many other events in life, when we come to a point of being willing to let it go, to allow Christ to have full control, there is a peace in waiting. So we wait.
Ella is growing like a weed!!! She explores everywhere she can fit herself. Sometimes that means in between furniture, behind chairs, or even to the hallway. She is just on the brink of walking. Any object taller than a foot is fair game for her to pull up on. She "side-steps" from one end of our sectional couch to the other. She will be 8 months old tomorrow. WE CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I am so blessed to be able to stay home with her. Yesterday we played and laughed all day. She still has no teeth but lots of drool and pulling of the ears. Then there is the occasional midnight cry of teeth pain. So we do the orajel-tylenol-rock routine.
Ella also attended her first easter egg hunt at church. I wouldn't call it so much "hunting" as I would rolling and laying on eggs.
Leading up to Resurrection Sunday we were blessed with the opportunity to attend multiple services at different churches. This was very effective in reflecting on the true meaning of this event as well as preparing our hearts. I LOVE how something, such as the story of the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, you have heard your whole life can continue to take on new meanings with new perspectives. I loved studying how every detail of what Christ endured had to be complete "according to the scriptures". It makes me cherish the God I serve.
Since spring is finally here we are able to spend much more time outside. We love going for walks on a sunny day with a cool breeze. Ella loves seeing and trying to talk with the dogs in the neighborhood. We got to take her out on papa's deck boat for the first time. Bathed her in sunblock...put her in a bathing suit...strapped her in her lifejacket...she loved it. It was so refreshing. In the words of my husband, "how appropriate to go fishing on Resurrection Sunday".



I am so happy to be updated!! These pictures are awesome! I especially like the one of Uncle Mike and Ella driving the boat. Reminds me of another PawPaw and his little muchkin. Updates for you... I finally got a new job. I hope your dad filled you in. Chad gave me the most meaningful proposal by a cova at the lake. He said "It's just me, you, and your dad out here." I cried... anyway, we must get together soon! I love you guys and miss you! Hug your dad for me!
ReplyDeleteAb